NED Use Instructions
NED uses the power of your own breath to silence snoring and improve sleep. You should be able to feel a slight back pressure when you breath out. It feels like a long, slow, deep breath. The gentle resistance is part of the magic of the NED Device.
With the 3-Valve Cover System, each cover gives different back pressure.
- 2 Holes = Most Back Pressure = Maximum Strength
- 4 Holes = Medium Back Pressure = Medium Strength
- 6 Holes = Least Back Pressure = Light Snoring
All it takes to getting started with NED is putting it in your nose and going to sleep. Over the course of a few nights, you can test to see which strength (valve cover - 2, 4, or 6 holes) works the best for you.
Besides this there are some important things to keep in mind:
Many people need a few nights to feel comfortable wearing the device throughout the entire night. Some soreness is common and expected.
- Feel free to take NED out in the middle of the night if it is causing any discomfort. Then try again the next night. In a few nights time you'll be able to sleep through the whole night with it, no problem. You will likely wonder how you ever slept without it.
- If the back pressure is too much, try using the 6-Hole Valve Cover or no cover at all until you are comfortable wearing the device throughout the night. Then you can increase to higher strength valve covers over time (as needed).
- You may find it easier to breathe through your mouth initially. That's completely fine. The body will naturally switch to breathing through the nose as you fall asleep.
- If the device is falling out while you sleep, this is most commonly from unconsciously removing it at night as the body isn't yet use to sleeping with it. Over time the body adapts. If it continues to fall out, you may need a different size.
- See and hear how well it's working by using a smartphone app that records snoring. Record a few nights without the device, while it's shipping to your residence, then once it arrives, record your sleep using the NED Device. And, if you don't mind, share your change with us - we love hearing about all the silent nights!
Additional Information and Instructions
- If the skin in or around your nose is irritated, let it heal before using NED.
- The safety and effectiveness of this device in pregnant women and children under the age of 18 has not been established.
- If you have a cold, sinus or ear infection, don't use this device.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Adverse reactions to this device may include throat discomfort and dry mouth, nasal, sinus, or ear discomfort, headache, or irritation to the skin and nose.
- Do not use if you have: very low blood pressure, severe heart problems, severe breathing problems, a cold, sinus or ear infection or perforated eardrum.
- This product is not intended to treat sleep apnea.